Feminist Book Club seeks an Administrative Assistant to support the growth and development of our quickly growing small business. We seek candidates who thrive on taking initiative, tackling new challenges, working on social justice issues, and supporting small businesses.
The ideal candidate is:
- Self-motivated and exceptional with deadlines
- Flexible and reliable with their schedule
- A clear writer and communicator
- Attuned to design and maintaining a brand aesthetic
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- A creative problem solver
- Willing to wear multiple hats, sometimes at once
- Always looking for opportunities to grow and collaborate with other like-minded organizations
- Interested in books and engaged in the online book community
- Engaged in social justice work and interested in dismantling systems of oppression including but not limited to racism, sexism, ableism, capitalism, and heterosexism
- Dedicated to a high standard of customer service
- Discrete concerning confidential or sensitive information
- Aware of their needs and willing to speak up or ask questions
- Cognizant of their own privileges and identities
- Highly proficient in Canva. Slack, WordPress, Google Drive, Libsyn, GarageBand/Audacity, Klaviyo, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn also preferred
- COVID-vaccinated preferred and dedicated to maintaining public health protocols
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Calendar and email management
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Social media content creation, management, and moderation
- Creating social media graphics in Canva
- Office maintenance
- Product photography
- Ad sales
- Organizing events
- Assisting in ordering and fulfillment, including lifting up to 30 lbs and standing for long periods of time
- Website updates
- Podcast management (off-air)
- Representing the brand at in-person events (when safe)
This position is perfect for part-time students, new parents, or corporate dropouts looking for flexible and meaningful work.
This is a part-time position with at least 20 hours per week expected with the majority of hours during standard business hours at our office in Minneapolis (easily accessed by public transit).
Compensation is $16/hour, plus two weeks paid time off and unlimited family sick time. Feminist Book Club membership and additional books are also complimentary. Access to a personal vehicle is helpful but not required. Candidate must have their own computer.
All gender expressions welcome to apply. Feminist Book Club is an equal opportunity organizations committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained team. Women, trans and gender non-conforming people, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by September 1, 2021.