Feminist Book Club is the premiere feminist reading community online.
In addition to our critically acclaimed subscription boxes and popular weekly podcast, FBC’s blog is well-loved and we’re looking for contributors who are passionate about intersectionality, gender, and literature.
The ideal contributor will be:
- + An engaging writer
- + Aware of their privilege and identity
- + Passionate about reading diversely
- + Dedicated to anti-racist work
- + Eager to learn more and accept feedback
- + Already active in online book communities and/or online social justice communities
- + Self-motivated and exceptional with deadlines
- + Familiar with Slack, WordPress, Google Drive, and Canva
Contributors will be responsible for at least two blog posts per month. One post must be a book review and the rest are up to the contributor’s discretion.
We ask for at least three months of commitment.
In exchange, contributors will receive:
- + Feminist Book Club membership and subscription boxes for the duration of their blog contribution
- + Advanced review copies of books upon request
- + Personal bio and links on our Team page
- + Behind-the-scenes access to Feminist Book Club and input in company decisions
- + Opportunities to take over FBC’s social media (optional)
- + Opportunities to interview authors (optional)
- + Opportunities to record audio for our podcast (optional)
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line BLOG CONTRIBUTOR.
- Link to writing sample (blog post, school project, journal entry, long Instagram post – whatever feels right to you)
- Three story pitches related to books, writing, and/or social justice (1-2 sentences)
- Social media links (Instagram, Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, blog – any or all available)
- 350 words sharing why you would make a great Feminist Book Club blog contributor
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We may not be able to contact you immediately but will be in touch as we expand our team.
All gender expressions welcome to apply. Feminist Book Club is an equal opportunity organization committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained team. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.